Postcards from Faerieland
Saturday, September 20, 2003
Mad Morgan Read
My Pirate Name, according to Fidius.
I love it, hee hee.....
So here I am, on Saturday night, typing my “Friday” Five. Ah such is life in faerieland. Anyhow, was very intrigued by Adam’s question for this Friday five (speaking of which, I should know how to have a link to the other participants on this ring especially since I am so intrigued by the voices and writing styles of this particular group. I’ll get right on asking Will how to do that). I digress.
So, my Top Five Ports of Call, uuuum, mateys.
1. Uhhhhh, shiver me cap’n crunch, I have to say I favored N’orleans, a pirates paradise. loads of lovely lassies and plenty o’ grog, I mean hurricanes, to go around. (oops, I think I lapsed into a bad Scottish accent for a moment there, sorry)
2. Santa Monica. Ok, I just can’t keep it up. But Santa Monica is gorgeous.
3. I guess it’s why I married him, b/c I agree completely with my husband on Scarborough Faire, and
4. Shakespeare Festival of Dallas, I have the best time every time we go to these events together.
5. I choose to look at these as not my favorite travel destinations as things I choose to frequent or go back to so I have to include Theatres that Holbrook and I buy season tickets to.
Saturday, September 13, 2003
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve an equation, analyze a new problem, pitch
manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Five things every Adult should know:
1. Their Social Security Number. Having this baby memorozed has made my life so much easier. Plus everyone loses teir card at least once and knowing the number helps immensely with replacement.
2. Their Drivers License Number, having this memorized is also invaluable.
3. How to balance their checkbook.
4. How to sign their name well. How many letters must you make legible before you signature can dissolve into a line is an interesting issue and must be deal with in the only way possible -- trial and error. however once you have figured out what looks good you must stick with it. Even if you are not in a job where you sign your name alot you should know this one. Simply because you don't want your signature to look like a 3rd grader wrote it.
5. How to file your bills and other assorted whatnot that comes in the mail. This is a diffivult adult skill, but terribly necessary in times where one might need to borrow a great deal of money in order to procure a suitable residence.
I swear, one day i will post the friday five on or before friday.........
Sunday, September 07, 2003
Friday 5 Question: What are your top 5 El Guapo's?
"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be
Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is
ugly man who wants to kill us!"
- Lucky Day from the Three Amigos
Not five this time -- Just 1, given that late sunday night I am finally posting my response to the Friday 5, I doubt it will come as much of a shock:
overcommitting myself beyond what a human is capable of completing!
I swear someday I will get out from under the pile of things to do. Until then I have to keep treading water and hope no one else offers me something cool to try because -- (as the musical so eloquently put it) "I'm just a girl who cain't say no."